Posse in Effect Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Licensed to Ill LP 1986
Written by: Beastie Boys/Rick Rubin
Performed by: Beastie Boys
Production Notes: Produced by Rick Rubin, co-produced by Beastie Boys. Engineered by Steve Ett, mastered by Howie Weinberg. Originally released under Def Jam Recordings, a division of CBS/Columbia Records.
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Pee Wee's Dance" by Joeski Love from the single "Pee-Wee's Dance" (1986)
- "Catch a Groove" by Juice from the single "Catch a Groove/Feel Like Good Music" (1976)
- The Smurf - a dance; also referenced in "The New Style"
- The Popeye - a dance
- The Jerry Lewis - dance
- Bullwinkle - a cartoon moose on The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
- "Smokin' in the Boys Room" - a song by Brownsville Station
- Abe Vigoda (1921-2016) - an actor, best-known for his character of Detective Fish on the television show Barney Miller (1974-1982)
- Manhattan - a borough of New York City
- Miller - a popular American brand of beer; also referenced in "Slow Ride," "Hold It Now Hit It," and "Time to Get Ill"
- Budweiser - a popular American beer
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "I keep a pistol in my pocket so you better be cautious" - sung by Adam Yauch, who was once known to collect and be fascinated with guns
- "Get busy y'all" - a sample from "Pee Wee's Dance" by Joeski Love
Performed in 100 known Concerts.
First known Performance:
26-Dec-1986 : Ritz, The, New York, NY, United States
Last known Performance:
10-Jun-2009 : Orange Peel, The, Asheville, NC, United States