Pop Your Balloon Click for Lyrics
Written and Produced by: Beastie Boys Published by: Brooklyn Dust Music/Universal-Polygram International Publishing, Inc. (ASACP)
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- Je suis - French for "I am"
- Wedgie - occurs when a person's underwear is pulled up and wedged between the buttocks
- Noogie - the act of rubbing one's knuckles on a person's head so as to produce a mildly painful sensation
- Electric Boogie - a variation of the Electric Boogaloo, a style of funk dance and hip-hop dance closely related to popping
- Tour de France - an annual bicycle competition held in France and nearby countries
- Echoplex - a device that uses an infinite tape loop with a fixed record head and a movable playback head that allows a producer to achieve the desired delay and echo at a particular moment on a tape
- Hex - a sign, spell, or jinx that brings bad luck
- Franz Harary (1962- ) - an American magician/illusionist and inventor
- Cam - short for "camera"
- Cat's in the bag - a play on the expression "cat's out of the bag," which means to reveal a secret
- In the cut - refers to a location that is secluded or hard to find, or a place in the hood
- In the pocket - refers to when a drummer plays a solid groove with a great feel
- Press - refers to a record press, a machine for manufacturing vinyl records
- Plates - refers to a dubplate, an acetate disc, usually 12, 10, or 7 inches in diameter, used in mastering studios for quality control and test recordings before proceeding with the final master and subsequent pressing of the record to be mass-produced on vinyl
- Crates - refers to record digging (i.e., collecting)
- Cap'n - Cap'n Crunch, a cereal produced by General Mills
- Boo Berry - a cereal produced by General Mills
- Count Chocula - a cereal produced by General Mills
- Battle tank - a subgame in the video game "Tron"
- Tron - a 1982 arcade video game made by Bally Midway that was based on the Walt Disney film Tron, released in the same year
- Pawn - a chess piece of the smallest size and value
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "Do your dance, Mike" - refers to a dance Mike developed during the Pageant Tour that delighted fans; "Do Your Dance" is a song by Rose Royce
- "'Cause there ain't no sunshine when Mike D's gone" - a reference to the 1971 song "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
No Known Performances in Concert.