Ok Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, April 2011
Written and Produced by: Beastie Boys Published by: Brooklyn Dust Music/Universal-Polygram International Publishing Inc. (ASCAP) Recorded by: Beastie Boys, Jon Weiner, and Andre Kelman at Oscilloscope Laboratories Mixed by: Beastie Boys and Philippe Zdar at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Assistant Mix Engineer: Pet Bischoff Mastered by: Vlado Meller at Universal Mastering Studios, NY; Assisted by Mark Santangelo
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Wear Art for Thou" by Plastic Revolution
- Crock - short for "crock of shit," meaning foolish or nonsense
- Clean slate - an opportunity to start over without prejudice
- Nutter Butter - a Nabisco brand peanut-shaped sandwich cookie with peanut butter filling
- Money - a nickname for someone who possesses an outstanding quality (beauty, skills, brains) that makes him or her stand apart from others; often used sarcastically, as Adrock does in this song
- Plain clothes cop - a police officer who wears street clothes, not a uniform, while on duty so as not to be recognized as police
- Take stock - an expression meaning to review critically or searchingly
- Rock - a basketball
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "Back up out my space" - another way to say "Get away from me"
- "Be kind, rewind" - a slogan used by video rental stores in the 80s to encourage customers to set VHS and Betamax tapes to the beginning before returning
"'OK' has a dippy new wave catchiness evoking Ad-Rock's BS 2000 side-project -– it's as infectious as crabs" - Stevie Chick, BBC Music, May 2011
No Known Performances in Concert.