Hey Fuck You Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: To the 5 Boroughs LP, 4 June 2004
Written by: Beastie Boys
Performed by: Beastie Boys
Production Notes: Produced by Beastie Boys. Mixed by Supa Engineer "DURO" for No Question Ent./Loreal Inc. Recording engineered by Beastie Boys and Jon Weiner. Turntable Extraordinaire: Mix Master Mike. Recorded and mixed at Oscilloscope Laboratories. Mastered by Chris Athens at Sterling Sound.
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Bellevue Patient" by Funkmaster Wizard Wiz from his album Bellevue Patient (1985)
- "The Symphony" by Marly Marl featuring Master Ace, Craig G., Kool G., Rap and Big Daddy Kane
- "Sex for Teens (Where It's At)" by Stanley Z. Daniels, M.D (1969)
- Mike - Mix Master Mike, the Beastie Boys DJ and turntable extraordinaire
- Page 6 - the New York Post's gossip page
- Carl Sagan (1934-1996) - America's most famous astronomer whose PBS television series "Cosmos" remains the most-watched program in public-television history
- Canal Street - a Manhattan street that is known for its many street vendors and jewelry stores that sell knock-offs of expensive brands
- Sasquatch - also known as Bigfoot, a large apelike creature reportedly sighted in the United States and Canada
- Kugel - a pasta/noodle-like middle-European Jewish dish
- Kings County - a county located in New York, now coterminous with the borough of Brooklyn
- Albee Square Mall - a shopping mall on Fulton Street in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn - a New York City borough
- Regina - capital city of South Saskatchewan, Canada
- Foghorn Leghorn - a Warner Bros. southern rooster cartoon character
- Yosemite Sam - a Warner Bros. cartoon character; nemesis of Bugs Bunny
- Toucan Sam - mascot for Kellogg's Fruit Loop cereal
- Hoover Dam - one of the world's largest dams, located on the Colorado River between Arizona and Nevada
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "Shabba doo, shabba dee, shabba dee, shabba doo" - Shabba Doo is the street name of breakdancer Adolfo Quinones in Breakdance: The Movie and 1984's sequel Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
- "And if you don't like it then hey fuck you" - a sample from "Bellevue Patient" by Funkmaster Wizard Wiz
- "'Cause I've got more rhymes than Carl Sagan's got turtlenecks" - refers to astronomer Carl Sagan's trademark attire--a turtleneck with a sport jacket
- "So put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself" - a sample from "The Symphony" by Marly Marl featuring Master Ace, Craig G., Kool G., Rap and Big Daddy Kane
- "Wa-how, what a loser" - a sample from "Sex for Teens (Where It's At)" by Stanley Z. Daniels, M.D
"This song's on goofy island but it's chucking rocks over at b-boy island. It's building a catapult." - Beastie Boys, using their "Three Islands" approach in describing the songs on their new album.
No Known Performances in Concert.