Dedication Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Hello Nasty LP, 14 July 1998
Written by: Beastie Boys/Mark Nishita
Performed by: Beastie Boys and Mark Nishita (keyboards)
Production Notes: Produced by Beastie Boys and Mario Caldato. Engineered by Mario Caldato. Recorded at G-Son Studios (Los Angeles, CA), The Dungeon (New York, NY), The Tree House (New York, NY), Ted Diamond's House of Hits (New York, NY), Soho Music Studios (New York, NY), Dessau Studios (New York, NY), RPM Studios (New York, NY). Second engineers: Steve Revitte and Sue Dyer at RPM Studios, mixed at RPM Studios (New York, NY). Mastered by Howie Weinberg and Andy van Dette at Masterdisk (New York, NY)
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- Sao Paulo - city in Brazil, where Beastie Boys' producer Mario Caldato was born
- Sac-Town - Sacramento, California
- Bay Area - area surrounding San Francisco, California
- Bangkok - capital of Thailand
- Albee Square Mall - shopping mall in Brooklyn
- Bombay - city in India
- Espana - Spanish word for "Spain"
- Tasmania - island off the coast of Australia
- Scandinavia - part of northern Europe
- Dead Sea - landlocked salt lake between Israel and Jordan
- Newcastle - a city in England
- Venom - a heavy metal band from Newcastle, England
- Gloucester, Massachusetts - a northeastern Massachusetts city
- New Delhi - capital of India
- Italia - Italian word for "Italy"
- Bejing - capital city of the People's Republic of China
- Cairo - capital of Egypt
- Miami - city in southeast Florida
- Xenon - an inert gaseous chemical element
- 14th Street - New York City street
Sample& Reference Breakdown
- "This one is for Sao Paulo" - Beastie Boys' producer/engineer Mario Caldato hails from Sao Paulo, Brazil
"...to a dubby beat, [Dedication] goes out to all the world's neighborhoods, growing more grandiose with each juxtaposition" - The Worcester Phoenix, July 1998
No Known Performances in Concert.