Crazy Ass Shit Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, April 2011
Written and Produced by: Beastie Boys Published by: Brooklyn Dust Music/Universal-Polygram International Publishing Inc. (ASCAP) Recorded by: Beastie Boys, Jon Weiner, and Andre Kelman at Oscilloscope Laboratories Mixed by: Beastie Boys and Philippe Zdar at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Assistant Mix Engineer: Pet Bischoff Mastered by: Vlado Meller at Universal Mastering Studios, NY; Assisted by Mark Santangelo Additional Vocals by: Davis and Skyler Diamond
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Isosceles Dillema" by Root Cellar
- Lox - salmon fillet that has been cured
- Peter Brady - a character on the television show The Brady Bunch (1969-1974), portrayed by Christopher Knight
- Greg - Greg Brady, a character on The Brady Bunch, portrayed by Barry Williams
- Head cheese - a terrine or meat jelly made with flesh from the head of a calf, pig, or sheep
- Lee - a brand of denim jeans
- Crass - an English punk rock band (1977-1984)
- Tough titty - an insincere or sarcastic way of saying "that's too bad" or "deal with it"
- Fore! - a warning shouted during a golf game when it appears that a golf ball may hit other players or spectators
- Roberta Peterson - the formal name of Adam Horovitz' dog Bobbi, a mixed breed that Horovitz adopted from a rescue shelter in April 2005 when she was 3 years old
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- The backing vocals ("On and on to the break of dawn..." and "Brass monkey, you're the funky...") are provided by Mike Diamond's sons, Davis and Skyler
- "On and on to the break of dawn..." - reminiscent of the lyrics in "Beat Bop" by Rammellzee and K-Rob ("Rock on to the break of dawn")
- "I take a licking, still tick-tick-tock" - a play on the Timex watch slogan "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking"
- "Rhymes fresh pressed like '83 Lees" - refers to the early 80's trend of ironing jeans so they have a crease
No Known Performances in Concert.