Make Some Noise
Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Make Some Noise 7" (UK Record Store Day single), April 2011
Written and Produced by: Beastie Boys Published by: Brooklyn Dust Music/Universal-Polygram International Publishing Inc. (ASCAP) Recorded by: Beastie Boys, Jon Weiner, and Andre Kelman at Oscilloscope Laboratories Mixed by: Beastie Boys and Philippe Zdar at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Assistant Mix Engineer: Pet Bischoff Mastered by: Vlado Meller at Universal Mastering Studios, NY; Assisted by Mark Santangelo
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "I'm Super (Got It Like That)" by Pump
- Prosecco - an Italian white wine
- Kino - a lottery or bingo gambling game often played at modern casinos
- Mike Dino - nickname for Mike Diamond; also referenced in "Long Burn the Fire"
- Rotary - rotary phone; an old type of telephone with a circular dial that when turned produces pulses corresponding to the number dialed
- Ornithologist - a zoologist who studies birds
- Fizzy Lifting Drink - a liquid concoction created by Willy Wonka that allows a human to float after drinking it; from the children's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964) by Roald Dahl
- Nada - the Spanish word for "nothing"
- Lambada - a dance from South America, also known as "the forbidden dance" because of its sexually suggestive moves
- Ted Danson (1947- ) - an American actor, best known for his role as Sam Malone on the television series Cheers
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "Leggo my Eggo" - an expression originating from an ad campaign for Eggo brand waffles
- "Want a lucky number, ask Mike Dino" - Mike's name for himself is likely a reference to entertainer Dean Martin, whose real name was Dino Paul Crocetti. Name play is a common device Mike uses in songs. On Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, Mike is Mike Dino in "Make Some Noise" and "Long Burn the Fire," Michel Pérignon in "Nonstop Disco Powerpack," and Mike Bazzini in "Long Burn the Fire." In "B Boys in the Cut," Mike explains: "I switch up my name pretty much how I like."
- "We gotta party for the motherfuckin' right to fight" - lyrics refer to those in "Fight for Your Right"
- "Opened up a restaurant with Ted Danson" - a reference to the television series Curb Your Enthusiasm, in which Larry David partners with Ted Danson and others to open a restaurant; in the video for the song, Ted Danson makes a cameo as a waiter
- "Roaches check in, but they never check out" - a commercial slogan for Black Flag's Roach Motel, a roach bait device designed to catch cockroaches
- "I set the record straight, no doubt" - lyrics refer to those in "Time for Livin'" ("Yeah, that's right/It's time to set the record straight")
"a sinewy rap-rock concoction stirred by distinctive, overlapping voices" - Patrick Foster, Washington Post, May 2011
"'Make Some Noise' is a grimey slice of funk that's topped with a sea of tripped-out rhymes-—it'd be shocking if you don't groove to it. The song showcases their stellar musicianship too, which isn't always as noted as their vocal skills." - Eddie Fleisher, Alt Press, May 2011
Fight For Your Right Revisited
Make Some Noise
Make Some Noise (Clean)
Make Some Noise (Cornelius Remix)
Make Some Noise (DJ Fin-S 126-98 Transition)
Make Some Noise (DJ Intro)
Make Some Noise (John Newell Extended Cumbia Edit)
Make Some Noise (Jordy Lishious Remix)
Make Some Noise (Music Video)
Make Some Noise (Passion Pit Remix)
Make Some Noise (Passion Pit Shuttle Remix)
Make Some Noise (Teaser)
Make Some Noise (The Bug Remix)
No Known Performances in Concert.